Monday, April 20, 2009

Today I was having a discussion with a friend of mine and I spoke things about myself which i would never speak even to myself. This brought to my mind, the thought, that, we, in the mad rush, have forgot to look inside us. The friend I am talking about has been selected as an intern at Microsoft. We were talking about the placements(hot topic) scenario for the next session. He told me that even MS is not going to come to NSIT. I, as always, was not visibily perturbed at the fact (more because I dont stand much of a chance for MS). And this is the dialog
me: “ yaar tujhe kya tension hai, tujhe toh aise hi PPO mil jaaega”
he: “abe aise nahi hota, vahaan kaam bhi toh karna padega”
me: “vaise toh mujhe koi tension nahi hai, mera kaunsa ho jaana tha usme”
“mujhe toh pata hai ki main kisi chhotti si company mein hi kaam karne vala hu”
This sentence of mine is what is disturbing me. I am not that unambitious a person.
But I said those words , this implies i must have been thinking on those lines in my sub-concious.
I hate to think that i would not be enjoying the life that i had thought i would when i chose to take up engineering as a career.
These are just thoughts that i was trying to get out of my mind. That is why i wrote them here so that i dont feel burdened by them anymore.

5 comments:

  1. Satisfaction shd be the frst preference in our life.i hv seen so many ppl,who r in small cmpny and geting lesser packages,are more happy and satisfied than ppl who r in bigger firms and geting higher salaries.A TCS employee is happier (coz he has a sweet and caring wife,decent salary,go fr outing on weekends wth her wife or family,has gud frnds) than a ADOBE or GOOGLE employee (coz he dsnt hv such gud wife,dsnt get time for outing,dsnt hv gud frnds to share his feelings,dsnt get time for outings,away frm his home).Wt else a human being want....happiness.Whn he cant hv happiness,thn wt is the use of geting high salaries.I am nt sayng dat we shd nt aim for big cmpnies,its just we shd be tensd and frustated for nt geting higher packages.so just chill.jst alwaz be a gud human being .accha package apne aap hi mail jayega.(m nt pointing to any1....m jst tlking in general).

    one more thing..WE SHOULD NEVER UNDERESTIMATE OURSELVES.

    cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said , I have just written this to get those thoughts out of my mind.
    And I am not after any big package or big company for hefty money, but just to be in the company of people who are above these things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wrote in general...
    As I said I m not pointing to any1....its just, topic of placement came .....so i thot to share my views....
    AND it ws NOT at all reltd to u......

    cheers!!

    ReplyDelete