Wednesday, May 6, 2009

courage of conviction


the courage of one's convictions
: the confidence to act according to one's beliefs

This is a phrase which has been in my mind(and Heart) for quite some time (actually my entire life). Our principal at school - Commodore V N Narayanan, was very much a man of principles. He always kept stressing upon this phrase in his daily speeches.
I want to add, here, that these were THE best speeches(talks) I have heard till now.

This, as I realise now, was the mantra for my life till class 12th. I had sub conciously been influenced by His words that I followed them religiously and backed myself against all adversities. Nobody gave me a chance at securing the second position in class 10th. Nobody , in their wildest dreams, had thought I would crack IIT-JEE. But these are things I did go on to achieve, however small their significance to the world.
This has all been due to the courage of conviction. But here I must confess that I have not followed this principle for the last 3 years and my life has been a drag.
I am now trying to get back to my old life. That life promises less friends yet greater satisfaction.

I hope that people reading this might get a little inspired and try and develop the courage of conviction and respect others people's views. The world will be a much better place to live if all the people had the courage of conviction to do what they feel is right for the country and the world as a whole.

Please give some feedback.
Again, these are just thoughts that come to my mind and may not have been properly presented. So try and grab the crux.

2 comments:

  1. hey..exams are approaching so these kind of posts are expected.....ek bar exam khatam hone de...fir dekhta hun kitne inspirational posts likhta hai tu.....ab mari padi hai na...isliye ese khayal aa rahe hain :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is not at all about exams

    ReplyDelete