For a long time I have been thinking about emotions as a subject. emotions are what control most of our actions. however shrewd/calculating or practical we might think of ourselves as, the most important of the decisions take are driven by emotions. now once we accept this fact, all we have to under which emotions should we take decisions and under which we need to delay these decisions.
this is what I follow-a somewhat counter-intuitive thing that I think I learnt sub-consciously from my Father(who is the greatest personality I have come across in the last 22 years).
any kind of extreme is bad for health, of mind body and spirit(as a very dear friend will put it)
Under extreme emotions, all that we need to do is train our mind to delay any actions/decisions that you are going to undertake. These may be any decisions, small or big, personal/work-related.
under any extreme emotional burst all you have to do is lie low, don't talk too much and try to surround yourselves with people who'll not ask about it. even if anyone asks about a sudden change in behavior, just let them know that you dont want to talk about it. This may be accomplished with a little ease if you have friends who'll understand your body language.
on the other hand mild emotions are what are required to go forward in a particular direction, these emotions are what you need as a leap of faith to go ahead and do the next thing on your mind.
that is just my way of dealing with my emotions, of course I slip and let loose sometimes.
In general, it is not a good idea to let anyone out of a close group of friends/ family to know about your emotions on a particular matter. Facebook(everybody's favorite topic) might prove to be a big bane if you unleash your emotions there.
No comments:
Post a Comment